Below are the step by step method to monitor Azure ARM and Azure classic model.You Must have internet connectivity on your SCOM management servers.Remember Microsoft started migrating classic model to Azure ARM model.Azure ARM is new model and it does not required any certificate to authenticate.
- First import the Azure management pack.
2. See the Management pack installation progress
3. Check the connectivity from your SCOM management server to Azure portal.https://portal.azure.com
4. Now create Subscription.Now You should have azure user name and password.remember user should be co-admin of subscription. Click on Add subscription
5. Enter user name and password.Click on Advanced and check the setting.You can modify the setting as per you requirement.
6. Select the management server pool.if you are using proxy to connect internet.specify the proxy server address in mentioned format.
7. select the subscription and click add subscription.After successful you can see the below screen
8. Subscription is added successfully
9. Now you have to create Monitor to discover Azure component. You have to use Azure template.
Now Create Azure Monitor
10 You can specify the name and management pack name.
12. Select the subscription and click next.It will discover the service type and performance counters.you have to just click next
14 below is final summary.click create
Monitor creation progress
15. Its done.
16 Now you can verify the discovery of the subscription.State should be healthy state. It will take some time to come on healthy.